15 units, 70m2 - 130m3 (658 ft2 - 1222 ft2)
Project start 2004 - Construction completed 2006
One of the distinguishing characteristics of this project is that it is built upon a German bunker dating from the Second World War. This combined with the steep fall of the terrain creates a situation in which the volume of the building must be articulated in order to accommodate the surrounding environment. Thus the building is broken in to two central volumes that are hinged via a circular penthouse that stretches across the two volumes. Rendered façades are combined with wood and panelled inserts.
Illustations: O N Ely BO Arkitekter